The Thinking Strategy program provides comprehensive strategies for teaching basic factors. It is uniquely organized with levels based on the ease of learning facts rather then numerical order.
Teachers can use Thinking Strategies with the entire class, small groups or individual students. Ideal for home work as well and letter to parent/guardian is provided. A perfect program for all students!
For books please visit mathimagine.ca
- Easy-to-follow lessons give clear directions for working through the program
- A variety of strategies that involve patterns and connecting facts
- Number sentences, models and word problems to help students understand the concepts of addition, substraction, multiplication and division
- Multiple opportunities to develop mastery of facts including Challenge Facts, Power Facts, Partner Bingo, and Playing Cards
- Self correcting student exercises, intended to be fun and engaging, to support understanding of number relationships and give students practise with basic facts
- Assessments at each level to determine readiness to move to the next level
loves this product!
“Learning facts is so easy with this program, and I love the colouring activities!”
“I have been teaching for many years, and the students have never learned mathematics as well as they have this year with this program. The parents were involved and were very pleased with the results.”
“I have used this program with a variety of children in different grade levels. I found it easy to follow and very effective. I highly recommend Thinking Strategies.”
“The books are tremendous tools for teachers to help students develop useful and personal strategies for mastering the basic math facts.”